In consideration for National Obstacle Series (NOS) permitting you to take part in a NOS event (“Event”) you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out below, and any instructions given by race officials at the Event.
You and the other members of your group shall be known as the “Party”. Participants aged under 14 on the date of the Event shall be classed as “Minors”.
You hereby agree the following:
- You must bring photographic ID (ID card, passport or driving license) to the Event in order to identify yourself.
- You must understand and consent (by signature) to the terms outlined in the NOS Participant Waiver.
- If you are aged under 14, you must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the entire duration of the course (at the same start time).
If you do not comply with the above, you acknowledge that you shall not be allowed to participate in the Event.
Where applicable, all references to “you” or “your” in these terms and conditions shall also apply to a Minor Participant on whose behalf a Parent or Legal Guardian is signing.
- If you are acting as a Legal Guardian, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over and have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions.
- If you are acting as a responsible adult and accompanying one or more Minor Participants on the course, you agree that you are aged 18 or over and have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions.
- You confirm that you are/the Minor Participant is healthy and fit enough (mentally and physically) to complete the Event.
- You confirm that any Minor Participant is aged 6 years or over on the date of the Event.
- You confirm that if any mental or physical condition arises prior to the Event which is likely to affect your/the Minor Participant’s ability to participate, you must inform NOS immediately and NOS reserves the right to require you to withdraw from the Event without a refund.
- You confirm that you are not/the Minor Participant are not:
– on prescribed medication;
– pregnant or breastfeeding;
– suffering from any broken bones and/or serious muscles sprains and/or strains; or suffering from (and have ever suffered from) any medical, physical or mental limitation or condition which may affect your/the Minor Participant’s participation in the Event, including but not limited to: heart problems; (i) diabetes; (ii) asthma; (iii) back or neck problems; (iv) epilepsy; (v) allergies or skin complaints; (vi) migraines; and (vii) phobias and/or panic attacks.
If one of the circumstances listed above applies to you/the Minor Participant, you must inform NOS and get written medical approval to participate in the Event, to the satisfaction of NOS.
- Competitors will have a staggered start with a maximum of 8 competitors in each heat. This will be on a first come, first served basis so if you wish to take part in a team, please arrive at the start line together. Heats will be set-off approximately every 2 minutes.
- Start times of the first heat may vary from Event to Event. Information will be published on each Event page ahead of the Event.
- NOS t-shirts will be presented to everyone who completes the NOS Challenge, upon presentation of a wristband which is still in situ on the participant’s wrist. T-shirts must be claimed at the event and nothing will be sent by post.
- All competitors are required to complete the registration form accurately, including provision of up-to-date emergency contact information.
- All competitors are required to sign (either electronically, or physically) the NOS Participant Waiver at registration or on Event day.
BEHAVIOUR OF A COMPETITOR
Each participant is expected to behave in accordance with spirit of sportsmanship during the whole sporting event. Unsportsmanlike behaviour may result in disqualification, exclusion from the any NOS competition, expulsion for one year, or lifetime exclusion from all races, depending on the fault severity and on the decision of organizers.
Slow competitors must allow faster athletes to overtake. Deliberate obstructing of faster runners in overtaking at any part of a route will be classified as “Unsportsmanlike behaviour”.
Every person who throws waste on the route, or in the festival area, will be asked to leave the Event.
Health and safety
Dangerous bouncing is not permitted on the obstacles. Please take care not to cause hazards for yourself and your fellow participants.
If a participant is a witness to accident and injury which require immediate medical attention, he/she cannot continue on until someone from organizers reach the place. Failure to provide help to the participant in need of such medical assistance will be considered as “Unsportsmanlike behaviour”. Each participant is expected to use his/her own best judgement in regard to seriousness of the injury in order to decide if he/she should stay and help the person in difficulty and need, or run for help to the nearest obstacle. A participant should make his/her decision in favour of the injured person.
The following race formats may be available to enter (detail and confirmation subject to individual events).
Just for fun:
- Kid’s Challenge – free use of the junior course for children aged 6 to 13 years
- Adult’s Challenge – free use of the senior course for participants aged over 14 years
- Team Challenge – tackle the course in a team of up to 8 people, with spot prizes for best fancy dress!
- Relay Challenge – run the junior course in varied relay races (i.e. parent and child, groups of friends – listen for announcements) – in heats and finals
Competitive Races (aged 14+):
- Endurance Race – complete the most number of laps of the senior course in the allotted time (time may change at each event – but could be up to (or over) 2 hours
- Timed Race – the last race(s) of the day – separate races for ladies and for men. All start at the same time – and first past the post gets glory
- Prizes may be awarded to the winners of competitive races. Prizes are subject to each individual Event, and may change without any prior notification.
- The top three competitors of each competitive race heats will receive two free tickets – free entry to the next Event of their choice (within 12 months of issue).
- Free tickets are valid for one year since the date of the Event on which they were obtained. Prizes for winners who will not attend award ceremonies in person shall forfeit. Nothing will be sent by post.
NATURAL DISASTER OR SAFETY CONCERNS
In the case of very bad weather or other natural disasters, or by other organizational or technical reasons, the organizers of the National Obstacle Series Oman reserve the right to change, modify the part of, or the whole, route, as well as some obstacles, or suspend or terminate entire race on behalf of preservation of health and safety of competitors, organizers and audience. In the case that competitors will be requested to suspend or terminate an activity for above mentioned reasons, they shall do so immediately.
These rules are not final and will be continuously modified, updated and amended by the Director of the Race, depending on situation.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us.
PREVIEW EVENT WAIVERS
Click to download PDF (opens in new tab):